Damien Memorial School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Join our family where we educate and inspire young men and women through academics, athletics and the spirituality of a Catholic education. The long-standing tradition of Damien Memorial continues to guide our mission and vision of how we treat our faculty, staff, student, parents, and alumni.
Bachelor’s degree required. Teaching experience in content area and use of instructional technology; excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for developing student potential in an academic and religious-oriented learning community.
Interested candidates please send a resume to:
Current Employment Opportunities
Accountant / Senior Accountant / Controller Position
Damien Memorial School (Damien) is seeking a full-time Accountant / Senior Accountant / Controller who will be partially responsible for the general accounting function, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and account and bank reconciliations. The Accountant / Senior Accountant / Controller will assist with monthly closings and account analysis and will support the Chief Financial Officer in carrying out the responsibilities of the Business Office.
When working at Damien, your ability to make a difference and take ownership of your career begins on day one. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. We aim to hire and develop those who will raise the bar over the course of their career.
The position, salary and title are based upon experience.
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger
- Perform account/bank reconciliations and prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Manage and perform payroll administration
- Manage and perform monthly and year-end closings and financial statements
- Ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
- Work with the accountant and accounting clerk by coordinating activities and responding to inquiries
- Develop, implement and improve accounting processes and procedures
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting
- Attention to detail and accuracy, planning and organizing, scheduling and monitoring, communication skills, initiative, team work, confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Aptitude for information technology
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, drug, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and company match, paid time off and holidays, professional development opportunities, and tuition discount.