- Program will run for 6 weeks from February 3, 2016 through March 15, 2016.
- Program is open to all public and private high schools statewide. Home schools are not eligible.
- Maika`i Members must designate their favorite high school(s).
- Maika`i Members earn Maika`i Points for themselves and their designated school(s) during the 6 weeks of the program.
- The more Maika`i Points a school earns, the more scholarships it will receive.
- (100) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on a ranking system. We will rank schools based on the number of Maika`i Points earned in the program.
- Schools will be required to earn a minimum of 20,000 Maika`i Points to be eligible for the ranking.
- Ranking system:
Top (5) schools will receive (5) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (10) schools will receive (3) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (10) schools will receive (2) $2,000 scholarships each.
Next (25) schools will receive (1) $2,000 scholarship each.
- Schools will be asked to select their scholarship recipients based on the criteria established by Foodland.
- A nomination form will be available to the schools online through the Resource Materials. Schools will be asked to complete the nomination form for each of their scholarship recipients.
- Foodland will use the nomination form for verification purposes.
- Selection criteria, nomination form and further details will be made available via the Shop for Higher Education website.
- A special ceremony on May 21, 2016 will be held to honor the scholarships recipients.
- Scholarship recipients and their families will be invited to attend.
- Further details will be made available via the Shop for Higher Education website.