Students enter Damien on a competitive basis. The school administers a national standardized test that is used for admission purposes, academic placement and to determine eligibility for academic scholarships. In addition to test scores, admission criteria include prior scholastic records, teacher recommendations and a personal interview.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the Application for Admission and return it to the Admissions Office with the non-refundable $50.00 application/entrance exam fee.
2. Take our Entrance Exam (applicants for 6th through 9th grade only). Please select your date of choice from the choices listed on the application. Off-island applicants should submit previous standardized test scores. For more information, please refer to the Entrance Exam information sheet.
3. Have two of your teachers complete the Teacher Reference Reports and have them sent to the Damien Admissions Office. Be sure to complete the top portion of each recommendation before giving them to your teachers. A stamped envelope addressed to the Damien Admissions Office should be supplied to each teacher.
4. Have your parents sign the Academic records release form and give it to your current school's Main Office to process. This will enable Damien to receive a copy of your school records.
5. Schedule an interview with a member of the Admissions Committee. This will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about Damien as well as have your questions answered. It will also provide us with the opportunity to meet you and your family. Our Interview Day is scheduled for Saturday, February 11, 2012 and March 3, 2012. We will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Tuition charges and fees for the 2011-2012 school year ranges from $9,775 for middle and $11,525 for high school, which includes the contract deposit and comprehensive fee. Several payment plans are available.
Registration Fee (All Students): $250.00
Comprehensive Fee (All Students): $400
Summer School (Incoming 7th, 8th, & 9th): $500.00
Average cost of books: $300.00 per year
Average cost of food: $5.00 per day if purchased in cafeteria (Home lunch allowed, Microwaves available)
The priority deadline for Financial Aid is February 17, 2012. To request a Financial Aid Packet, please check the appropriate box on the Application for Admission. Financial Aid, based on need, is avaliable for the families that qualify. Academic Scholarships based on entrance exam scores and grades are avaliable in limited numbers.